What is Pilonidal Cysts?
Pilonidal cysts are a kind of chronic skin infection. The exact reason of pilonidal cysts is not known up to now, however the pilonidal cysts develop as a reaction to hairs embedded in the skin or ingrown hairs and lead to the formation of cysts surrounded the hair.
At first, it will appear only as a very small and dimple-like depression on the skin surface. But only after a while it will be infected and turn into a swollen mass which can be filled with fluid and abscess. Because it is one kind of infection, pilonidal cysts might make you feel painful and uncomfortable. In this article, we will show you our way to treat pilonidal cysts naturally and effectively.
How To Treat Pilonidal Cysts Effectively (Best Ways)
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Tea Bags
- Aloe Vera
Top Natural Helps On How To Treat Pilonidal Cysts Effectively
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar is used popularly to heal many kinds of skin diseases such as curing for skin tags and it can help treat pilonidal cysts. Here we prepared a very effective remedy with apple cider vinegar for you to be fast recovered from pilonidal cysts. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory property, apple cider vinegar promotes to reduce pain as well as inflammation caused by pilonidal cysts. Besides, the antibacterial and antiseptic properties of apple cider vinegar stop the growth of bacteria that can lead to further infection and make the condition even worse.
- Mix from 2 to 3 small spoons of organic and raw apple cider vinegar with a half cup of warm drinking water. Put a cotton pad into the mixture and put it directly on the infected area for about 2 minutes. Repeat this method from 3 to 4 times per day within a couples of days.
- Another option of using apple cider vinegar for you to treat pilonidal cysts is drinking the vinegar as a natural remedy. All you need to do is mix only 1 teaspoon of raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm drinking water and then stir the mixture well. It is ideal to drink it twice a day to boost healing from within.
Turmeric is extremely well-known as a natural remedy. It is the reason why we got turmeric here as the best remedy for healing pilonidal cysts. Due to containing curcumin which has antibacterial properties, turmeric can heal pilonidal cysts quickly and completely. Besides, turmeric also has antifungal properties which prevent the bacteria from having multiplied and turned stronger. The first way to use turmeric is adding into your diet, with turmeric dishes or beverages such as turmeric warm milk before going to bed. With only a glass of warm milk with one spoon of crushed turmeric, you have cured your kidney infection and also have a nice sleep. If it is hard for you to use turmeric naturally, you should take turmeric or curcumin supplements with professional advices.
BLACK TEA BAGS
- Dip a black tea bag or more if needed in warm water for about 2 minutes.
- Take it out of the water and then squeeze out the excess water. If you enjoy drinking tea every day, you can take advantage of used tea bags.
- Hold the moist black tea bags over the affected area from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use this method for a couple of days with from 2 to 3 times per day to feel the positive result.
In order to boost the healing process as well as reduce the pain and swelling, aloe vera is one of the most effective remedies. The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of aloe vera can encourage the recovery; together with reduce the uncomfortable feelings of a pilonidal cyst.
You can easily buy fresh aloe vera leaves to extract its gel from and then apply it directly on the area of a pilonidal cyst. Make sure that it sits from 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water. Repeat this natural method from 3 to 4 times per day. If needed, you can apply more to the affected skin.
Another option for you is to soak a cotton pas in fresh aloe vera gel or juice for about 5 minutes, then put it on the infected area for about 30 minutes. After that, you need to wait for 2 hours, and then reapply a freshly soaked cotton pad. Follow this method for a week or until you heal completely.
With these natural methods mentioned above, we hope you soon recover from a pilonidal cyst.