Restoring deleted files on Windows may sound tedious task but I could be done easily following some simple tips. Here, we have helped you understand few simple ways to recover deleted files instantly on your Windows 10 system. Let’s discuss top 6 ways to recover deleted files, folder & images in windows 10.
Recover from Recycle Bin:
All deleted files on your PC go direct to system recycle bin. These deleted files & folders remain there until you empty your system recycle bin or these files get deleted automatically after a period of time. It is a useful built-in feature on your system that gives you another opportunity to restore deleted files.
If you have recently deleted images on your Windows 10 system and you didn’t empty recycle bin, then you can easily restore these deleted images from here. To restore deleted image files on your Windows 10 computer, just open the system recycle bin, select the file that you wish to restore, right-click on it and select restore option. You can also select multiple files and restore them by selecting Recycle Bin Tools > Restore the selected items option from the menu bar.
Restoring Previous Versions of Files
Try this next built-in feature to recover deleted photos in Windows 10. In general practice, your PC creates a certain system restore points to help you save all changes you have done on your PC recently. It even allows you to manually create restore points in a jiffy. You can use these restore points to restore your PC in a known safe state when needed. To use this feature, follow below mentioned steps.
Steps to Restoring Previous Versions of Files and Folders
- Once you have opened File Explorer on your PC, tap on This PC option given in the left panel.
- Choose the drive from given options that you think contains the deleted file.
- Now right-click on this selected drive. Here, you need to choose “Restore Previous Versions” option.
- Now it will take you to the System Reserved Properties window.
- Click on Previous Versions tab here and choose a backup folder.
- Tap OK to restore the deleted file/s from the selected folder.
Restore deleted files from Windows Backup
In addition to previous versions, you can also restore deleted files using old Windows backup. Here, Windows allows you to create backups on regular intervals that could be helpful to restore files in case of accidental deletion of files, system failure, hard disk issues or similar problems. To use this feature, follow these steps.
Restore deleted files from Windows Backup Steps
- Go to the search box on the taskbar. Here, search & select “Control Panel”.
- It will take you to the Control Panel window.
- Here, sift through the options to locate & select “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” option.
- Now you will be on the separate window. Here, tap on “Restore My Files” button given under the Restore option.
- Simply follow the directions given on the wizard to complete the process of recovering deleted files from old Windows backup.
Select Other Backup Options
In case you have shown some intelligence and created a backup on external drives or on online cloud storage, then it will be your savior now. You can use this backup now to restore your deleted files. To restore the deleted file from external drives, simply connect it to your PC and select and retrieve the lost files. Similar to restoring files from external devices, it is easier to recover deleted files using backup on cloud servers. Here, on cloud storage, you get the option to backup, access or restore files anytime anywhere easily. It even offers a sync option to help you access files on multiple devices at the same time.
Try Data Backup Software
The next best solution to restore deleted files on your Windows 10 system is to use best data recovery software tools. You can use these smart solutions to recover any type of file in a jiffy. These tools work on powerful scan engines to help you scan, locate and recover deleted files from remotest sides of your PC storage. While these tools work automatically, it also helps you save your time & reduce manual efforts.
Using built-in utilities and features on your system to recover deleted files is one effective solution that requires certain manual intervention. Furthermore, best data recovery software tools offer an instant solution to help you recover any type of file instantly and accurately. Here, we have discussed different ways to help you restore your deleted files on Windows 10. If you have tried any of these steps before or if you know some other effective ways, then feel free to comment below.