We’ve included some of the most common reasons why your Canon printer isn’t producing colors accurately and best ways to fix it. Read the list below to learn how to avoid making the mistake.
- If your system’s printer driver is corrupted, you’ll get this error.
- Another common cause of the error is that there is insufficient ink in the cartridge.
- If a piece of paper becomes stuck in your printer, it may cease printing colors.
- The error can occur during printing if the printer was installed properly.
- If your printer head becomes clogged, the printer may lose its ability to print colors appropriately.
Fortunately, there are other options for resolving Canon Printer Not Printing Color. So, if your Canon Printer refuses to print anything or does not print in color, don’t pull your hair out. This guide’s most in-depth troubleshooting advice.
4 Best ways to fix canon printer color problems
1. Update drivers
The first solution on the list is to upgrade the system’s printer drivers. You may encounter the Canon printer is not printing colors correctly problem if the drivers have not been updated. One thing to keep in mind is that the drivers for your printer will vary based on the model and operating system you’re running. After you’ve downloaded the drivers, you’ll need to install them on your computer. Check to see if the problem persists.
2. Check Your Ink Cartridge
A depleted or insufficient ink cartridge can cause a lot of problems when printing and ensure that users don’t get good results. To resolve a low ink cartridge issue, first, check the level of ink installed in your cartridge, and if it displays low or empty, immediately fills the cartridge with new suitable ink.
- To remove the cartridge, first, open the front of the printer and carefully remove the cartridge.
- Following that, you’ll need to check the cartridge’s ink level.
- If the cartridge is out of ink or does not have enough ink, you will need to replace it.
- You must now carefully reinstall your cartridge in the printer. Finally, you must attempt to print a sample page.
3. Verify The Printing Settings
The next step is to double-check whether all of the printing options are turned on. You’ll need to make sure that the option for colored printing is turned on. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- You will first have to select the start option.
- After that, choose Settings, then Printers & Scanners.
- You will then be given a list of all the printers.
- You must select the option for Canon printer from the list.
- You will now need to select the properties option.
- Last but not least, check to see if color printing is available.
- After that, you’ll need to attempt printing a sample page.
4. Restart Your Printer
Turning your printer off and on again can help you resolve the Canon printer is not printing colors correctly problem. You’ll need to switch off your printer or unplug the power cable first. After that, you’ll have to wait for a while before restarting the system. Check if the fault persists after you’ve turned it on. Then you’ll have to attempt printing a sample page.
These are the basic 4 ways to fix the canon printer not printing color correctly. If you want to know more relevant results, please check the How to fix canon not printing color article!