If you want to connect your HP LaserJet P1102W printer to your Wi-Fi connection you will need to connect the printer and network wirelessly and download ideal printer drivers and software from the official HP website for your HP LaserJet printer.
The cess of doing so is very easy and if you follow the given instructions then you will be able to perform all the steps and you will not need help from any fessional. One thing to keep in mind is that while the installation cess is going on you will need to opt-in for HP LaserJet P1102W to WiFi as your default connection type.
Set up the Printer on a Wireless Network on Windows to Connect HP LaserJet P1102W to WiFi
To set up your HP LaserJet printer with a wireless network you will need to follow the following instructions –
1. The installation cess regarding the wireless network connection.
- First of all, you will need to have your network name network password in form of a WEP KEY or WPA security password. It is important to remember both of these you can also write it down on paper for convenience.
- Now ensure that your computer system is connected to the wireless network that you want to connect your printer with.
- You should also have internet access include in DSLR or a cable for software download with web services and to get printer updates if there are any available.
- You will need to turn your router and computer system on and connected.
- You need to turn on your printer and position it close to the computer so that it is in the range of the router while the installation cess is going on.
- You will need to remove the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer if there are any connections to it.
2. Connect to the Wireless Network
- To do this you will need to click on the wireless button on your HP LaserJet printer’s control panel.
- After this click on the wireless menu button.
- Select the wireless setup Wizard button and then type in your network name from the available list of networks displayed on the screen.
- Now you will need to enter your wireless security password it can be in the form of WPA, WPA2, WEP. You will also need to remember your password with uppercase and lowercase so keep this in mind while typing the password.
- After you have completed typing your security password you will need to click on the ok button.
- Now when you are returned to the home screen you will need to click on the ok button that will be displayed on your screen. This will finish the connection cess and you can move onto the next step right away.
3. Install the Driver for your HP LaserJet printer
- For this, you will need to visit hp.com/laserjet which is the official website of all the printer drivers related to different models of LaserJet printers.
- Now you will need to find the ideal drivers for your model number and download them.
- It will take some time to download your printer driver completely. This depends greatly on your internet stability and speed.
- When it has been downloaded you will need to go into the download section and find the file that you have downloaded and click on this file to start the installation cess.
- You will need to follow the given on-screen easy directions so that you can finish the connection setup and driver installation.
- After this, you will need to go to the hp.com page on your computer to finish the printer registration and activation cess.
- After completion of the registration and activation cess, your printer will be ready to print. However, it is suggested that you should always run a test print in each to initiate and examine the per functioning of your HP LaserJet printer.
Set up the Printer on a Wireless Network on Mac to Connect HP LaserJet P1102W to Wi-Fi
1. Given below are the steps that you need to follow if you want to set up your HP LaserJet printer with your Wi-Fi connection on a Mac device.
- First of all, you will need to remember your network name and network password which can be in the form of a key (WEP) or WPA security password.
- You will need to keep in mind that your Mac device should be connected to the same wireless network that you want your printer to be connected to.
- You should have a per internet connection for software download by using web services and getting printer updates.
- Firstly you will need to turn on your router and your computer system.
- After this, you will need to remember that when you turn on your printer it should be placed near to the computer within the range of the router when the installation cess is taking place.
- You will also need to remove any USB cable or Ethernet cable that is connected to the printer while the installation cess is going on.
2. Connect your HP LaserJet printer with your wireless network
- For this, you will need to click on the wireless button present on your printer’s control panel.
- You will need to again click on the wireless menu button.
- A dialogue box will open in which you will need to select the wireless setup Wizard button and use your network name from the given drop-down list of different networks available for connection.
- Inter your wireless security password by keeping uppercase and lowercase in mind.
- After you have vided the security password in the given box you will need to click on the ok and returned to the home screen and let the connection be established between both of the devices. After this click on Ok to finish connecting.
Install the HP LaserJet P1102W Printer Software
- Firstly turn on your printer and remove all the cables from your printer.
- After this, you will need to go to HP customer support and find ideal drivers for your printer and download them.
- The download time can vary a lot as it depends on the speed and stability of your wireless connection. Need to download the software depending upon what is displayed on your screen.
- For the installation cess ab message will be displayed on your screen informing you that installing a mac printer driver using software auto-update. The driver will now be present on the Apple software update feature of your Mac device. You will need to click on the move to find the steps for installing the driver.
- HP easy start or full feature software and driver can be downloaded if you click on the download button and continue to follow the following instructions.
- You will need to visit the download folder on your Mac device. You will need to find and click on HP easy start file for the full-featured driver file to start the installation cess of drivers.
- Click on add printer when the installer shows to add printer.
- You need to select a name for your printer and click on print using or use menu then select your printed name which in this case you can put as HP LaserJet printer.
- After this, some on-screen simple instructions will appear that you will need to follow to complete the installation cess.
These are the steps using which you can set up your HP LaserJet printer with Wi-Fi wirelessly. This might seem a little big cess but it is very easy and can be performed if you pay a little attention. However, if you are doing everything right and still your printer is not connected then it is suggested that you call for help on HP support service center.