In this article, we discuss what is facetime and how to set up facetime on PC/Computer, iPhone & iPad Devices. let’s get started!
What is Facetime?
FaceTime is an audio and video calling application that comes with iPhone, iPad and Mac devices. Which is designed and developed by Apple Inc. since the Debut of iPhone 4 in June 2010.
When the facetime app was first introduced in 2010, communication can only be done by using Wifi. Now facetime app can also be connected via cellular network (3G, 4G, 5G). IT allows you to connect with your friends, families, colleagues for personal and business use – over the internet for free.
How does FaceTime work?
Facetime app works using mobile cellular data or wifi connection to allow you to make audio or video call to connect your contacts who have facetime app on their mobile, laptop/computer and tablet devices.
So, What you need to do?
Just open the facetime app and select the type of call you like to make and type their name, phone number or registered email id.
Is Facetime Safe to Use?
Yes, Facetime uses end to end encryption to protect the user data. facetime is safe and secure to use.
Is FaceTime free?
Yes. Facetime app is free to use. Its comes automatically installed with iPhone, iPads and Mac computers. You can use facetime app to call you friends, family members and colleagues whoever having apple devices.
How Much Data Does Facetime use?
Facetime data usage will be 3MB per minute, per hour 180MB, 360MB for 2 hours likewise. The cost of using facetime is practically free when you using wifi or cellular data plan subscription.
How to Set Up Facetime on iPhone?
If you using iPhone, it will automatically register your mobile number, To register your mail id, follow the below steps
- First, users have to go to settings and then tap “FaceTime.”
- Scroll down, and tap FaceTime.
- Enable the FaceTime on your device (Slide the toggle to turn it on)
- Tab to use your Apple ID for FaceTime and sign in
How to Set Up Facetime on iPad or iPod?
- First, Go to setting
- Scroll down and open the Facetime and Turn on
- Then Use your Apple ID for facetime and sign in with your apple id
How to Set Up Facetime on PC, Computer/laptop?
- Open Facetime app
- If you already turn on, then click on turn on
- Login in with your Apple ID and Password ( If you forget the password or don’t have apple id, check here: https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin)
How to Install FaceTime for Windows PC/Computer?
- First, users must have one of the Window varients among Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Second, with a CPU speed of 1GHz or more the RAM must be minimum of 2GB.
- Third, webcam support must be supported I the users’ PC.
- Forth, there must be a workable net connection with absolutely no connectivity issue.
- Fifth, Download the facetime app from iPadian emulator or apple store and install and follow the instructions.
Pros and Cons of Facetime
Pros of facetime:
- Facetime is free and easy to use
- It comes built-in iPad, iPhone, Ipad and Mac Devices
- It supports audio and video calls
- Over the wifi you can make a call, you don’t need call phone service
- Works well over a 3G connection
- It’s safe and secure to use
Cons of facetime:
- Not a cross-platform, it available only on iPad, iPhone, Ipad and Mac Devices
- It’s not the right solution for non-apple users
- Need internet connections to work
- Consumes a large amount of data